Wednesday, November 29
- BUFFALO. Live radio broadcast, WBFO-88.7 FM. Come be part of the studio audience for Robert Moog's guest appearance on Opus Classics with Joanne Schlegel. University of Buffalo South Campus, Allen Hall, 3435 Main Street, 7 pm. Free.
Thursday, November 30
- ROCHESTER. Slide lecture by Robert Moog on synthesizers, theremins and electronic music. Eastman School of Music, 26 Gibbs Street, OSL 101, 3:30 pm. Free.
- BUFFALO. Slide lecture by Robert Moog on synthesizers, theremins and electronic music, followed by concert of electronic music with live instruments featuring Susan Fancher and Mark Engebretson, saxophones, Cheryl Gobbetti Hoffman, flute and Wilco Botermans, theremins and effects. Burchfield Penney Art Center, Rockwell Hall, 1300 Elmwood Avenue, 8 pm. $10 general; $6 students and seniors. Tickets available at the door.
Friday, December 1
- AMHERST. Informal discussion with Robert Moog on his inventions, with the participation of Albert Glinsky, biographer of Leon Theremin. University of Buffalo North Campus, Slee Concert Hall, 10 am. Free.
- CHEEKTOWAGA. Booksigning by author Albert Glinsky and preface author Robert Moog of the highly acclaimed new thriller biography, Theremin: Ether Music and Espionage. Border's Books and Music, 2015 Walden Avenue, 2 pm.
MoogFest is sponsored by M & T Bank, the Buffalo Arts Council, the Eastman School of Music, the Burchfield-Penney Art Center and the Birge-Cary Chair in Music at the University of Buffalo.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Presented by New Music Alliance.
Olivia Mattis, Executive Director